Wednesday 30 July 2014

Summer

Hey guys, here in Britain I can finally say that summer is approaching or almost already has.  So I'm just going to tell you a few things about summer fashion!

Bright colours
Firstly Summer is for light colours. Black May be your style however try something new, you'll be surprised about how good it actually looks on you. Black absorbs heat, therefore you'll get hot and sweaty easily. It also makes you look incredibly pale. Stick to colours like white, bright yellows, oranges, greens, blues, purples, and hot pink.

Have a wardrobe sort/clear out.
Summer is the time that you change your clothes the most in the day. That's a fact, This is because it's hot therefore all the clothes you couldn't wear from September - May have all been sitting there and this is your chance to wear them and you only have a couple of months so you feel you need to do it quick. I am actually one of these people. When I sort out my wardrobe all I do is just get everything out, chuck it on my bed and organise a 'give to charity' or give to 'little cousin' pile. I give clothes to my little cousin because she loves my style and I hate throwing away things that are still good but don't fit me. So then I arrange my wardrobe in such a way that the winter clothing like hoodies, sweaters, jumpers etc are placed at the back of the wardrobe because I won't be needing those for a very long time. Some people go into detail such as colour and size coordination and everything, trouble is I'm a lazy person Lol. So I put my summer clothing at the front of the wardrobe so it's easy to get to. I do this for the winter too.

Summer shopping!
Some people may be fed up of the same old summer clothes and once in a while everybody needs to buy new ones.  Now, my parents aren't Halifax and with the shops I like its impossible to ask them to pay the full cost.  So if your like me, this is what I do - I am a fashion fanatic and addict (a fashionista) so apart from art materials it's all I spend my money on.  So from October I save and then I spend the money in July and August.  I'm terrible at saving.  I'm the kind of person who sees the money and has to spend it. Therefore I do mine like this - if I'm about to spend £5 I take £1.50 out of it. If I'm about to spend £10 I take £3 out of it.  If you would like to do this method, design yourself a little scale of how much you'll take off from certain amounts.

Recommended Summer Shops
If your a first time reader here on my blog you probably thought "Oh no! This the part where she's going to bang on about expensive apparel that I can't afford". Fortunately I'm a blogger who likes to talk about everyone's needs and situations so there will be a mix.

1. Hollister
As soon as you walk into Hollister you can tell that they're a beach shop. Hollister is fairly expensive and I actually don't own any. However I do love the clothes in there even though half of its all the same thing with the logo printed on. If your looking for clothes of good quality that will last you a long time this is a great shop to go to.

2. Primark
If you call yourself a fashionista, live in the UK and you haven't heard of Primark please leave. Your making me upset. Everyone must've been to Primark at least once. Primark is mass produced so there is loads to choose from. It is very very cheap and there's a lot of it. It's also very good for basics like v necks and camisoles.

3. Matalan
Matalan is like Primark however more expensive. It's not really my taste but some people may like it. I got a Matalan voucher of £50 to spend and I literally spent it all on there jewellery. I didn't like anything at all there And the things I did like we're over priced.
I hope these tips gave you some summer inspiration as to what to wear and what to do! Thank you so much for reading.
Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment