Wednesday 17 June 2015

Summer: To do list



Yes! Correct, I have made my own little summer series where I talk to you lot about lovely summer things lol! Today i'm blogging about my summer to do list, just so you guys know what I'll be up to and also to give you some ideas.

1. Explore drawing and art.



You guys knew this was at the top of my list right? Lol. I haven't been able to draw that much of late because of my exams, but I want to start new collections, develop my skills and so on. I also want to push forward with my designs, get them promoted, do more to get them noticed and try to get a few commissions. I also want to learn how to draw different things such as:
  • More realism 
  • Exploring with media 
  • portraits 
I also want to learn how to sew, therefore I will be going to stay with family who can teach me for a bit. I plan on taking fashion illustration a bit further and making new collections. Less of drawing already designed dresses by designers and generating more of my own ideas.

2. Blog and Vlog 


I've been slacking on these two due to time, so summer is the perfect way to just unwind and blog and Vlog. I'll be developing my YouTube channel, possibly renaming it and making videos of better quality. I'm also planning to blog about more real life issues, more makeup reviews and tutorials and more posts with friends. You guys have probably noticed that when I have nothing to post I fill my blog with tags - never again!I had ideas about changing the name but then that's long and I like it how it is, also I am definitely going to do a giveaway soon! When I approach 50,000 views, Currently at 20,200 x

3. DIY my room 


This is something I've been wanting to do for ages but it's not happening because I simply can't at the moment. My room is being extended and I feel like if I do it now it'll get ruined. I have all these really cool tumblr room ideas in my head and hopefully it'll turn out looking good. Expect a lot of blog posts on that. 

4. Go out with my friends 



I go out with my friends often when I'm allowed to, but to local places. This time I'd like to do road trips with my friends; off to places such as the beach, Central London and so on. Also we love just going round to each others houses and watching movies and chilling out. I'm really going to use my summer because next year is my last school year and I know I have to really concentrate and get my head down so there's no way I'll be allowed to go out every minute. 

5. Shop 


Boy, do I need a new wardrobe! With all those sales what's Lauren at home sitting down for? I definitely need new tops and things for summer and things for going back to school. I also want some new art materials, I haven't bought some in a while because my Copics were really costly to me. 

6. Go on Holiday! 


It's not confirmed but I think I am going on holiday for a week to Toulouse, France with family which should be lovely. If not then somewhere out of London in the UK would be nice. 

7. Sort out Junk and Flog some on eBay. 


A great way to make money is to clear out your room and sell some of the things you don't want on eBay. I know that I'm definitely a paper hoarder because I'm an artist. There's so many draws of papers that just need to go in the bin lol. 

8. Do my hair 


I've been having my natural hair out for a while and I think it needs to go back into extensions so it can grow back in time for September. I'd like to get crotchet braids again the trouble is finding a reasonably priced hairdresser to do it! 

9. Go to events and museum


Every year I go to my annual Ghana Party in The Park held in Cockfosters, Enfield. A lovely family fun day uniting all Ghanaians together. This year is its  10th anniversary so it should be really fun. They always invite one Ghanaian musician and have other things such as fashion shows, food and stalls. It's so much Fun! In the holidays I also want to go to more free events just to pass time and I also want to go and visit more galleries and fill my Sketchbook with gallery visits. My friends aren't really the type to go to museums so I'll happily go there myself or hop along with family. 

10. Beau Bloggers 

One of my dreams is to make the Beau Bloggers community come to life (literally). I think one day we should all meet up and just talk and walk around, because it'll be nice! They make really nice online friends so I'm sure they'll be even better in person. As the creator I'd definitely like to do more things with the group, such as competitions, giveaways and more things to Involve everyone. 

So guys, thank you for reading my to do list! Soon I plan on posting a summer to do list for those in London and a summer bucket list so you could just call this a summer series. 

Song of the day: Pappy Kojo ft Sarkodie - Ay3 Late. 

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment