Sunday 12 April 2015

New Art


Hey everyone, recently I've been inspired by different things and i'm about to tell you all about them! Most of the projects I've started are to test my new Copic's and to explore further with my skills (using them). So far that's going well.

1. The Villains collection

I don't like admitting that this is my first proper collection of the year, but it is sadly. However I prefer to make one good collection the whole year than 20 collections in one year and all the outfits not being that nice. This collection is inspired by fictional villains and their clothing. It's like my favourite collection so far because I just think I've generated some amazing ideas that I thought I really never could think off.

The first was the queen of hearts, I kept the initial colours of red and blue and made her dress short and sexy, and added a crown to give the queen some status.

Name of illustration: The Queen of Hearts
Time: 1 Hour and a half
Media used: Normal pencil and eraser, Faber Castell Polychromo's (Light Flesh and White), Copic Ciao markers (E50, E53, E31, E93 And BV31., R35, R37, R46, W-1, E57, E77 and BV29), Unipin fineliners (0.1 and 0.2)


The second illustration happens to be my favourite, this illustration was inspired by the villain of 101 Dalmations - Cruella Deville and the main aim of this design was to design a similar coat to hers. The danger of this coat is that it is very close to looking a bit like leopard print.  

Name of illustration: Cruella Deville
Time: 2 and a half hours 
Media used: Normal pencil and eraser, Faber Castell Polychromo's (Light Flesh and White), Copic Ciao markers (E50, E53, E31, E93 And BV31., Y21, E57, BV13, E49, V29), Unipin fineliners (0.1 and 0.2)






Third is Mother Gothel, from disney's tangled, I kept to the colours (however used a lighter red) and I shortened the dress. I think it still looks a bit angelic for someone who stole a baby and locked them in a dodgy tower for a good couple of years. 

Name of illustration: Mother Gothel
Time: 1 Hour and a half
Media used: Normal pencil and eraser, Faber Castell Polychromo's (Light Flesh and White), Copic Ciao markers (E50, E53, E31, E93 And BV31., R35, R37, R46,  E57, E77 ), Unipin fineliners (0.1 and 0.2)




My latest one is inspired by maleficent, this one is probably the least creative because her original outfit wasn't that creative or hot so I stuck to designing a big coat/cloak.









Random recent drawings:













Thanks so much for reading and looking guys! Tell me which one is your favourite in the comments x

Lauren x


No comments:

Post a Comment