Wednesday 13 July 2016

Leavers Tea/Prom 2016


Hi guys, I'm back with a colourful post about prom, how to get the look and generally how my prom went! I went to an all girls school hence why it was called a leavers tea rather than a prom. I was on a strict budget but I defo made it work and slayed at the same time! I'd just like to say you don't need so much to wow people!

The dress: 

I wanted to be different and where something that reflected my African culture so, I decided to get mine custom made. I bought the Kente fabric from Dalston market for £15 and it was six yards. I bought the white fabric from Walthamstow marker for £5. It was a stretchy fabric and I bought three yards. The seamstress that sewed it was called Juliet and she's a family friend. She sewed this lovely creation for just £30, it was my idea and she brought it to life! It is a mermaid dress with sections of African fabric. So all together the dress was £50.

Makeup:

I hired a makeup artist for my day, I didn't want the stress of doing it myself and possibly getting things wrong and delaying! It was a real trouble finding one that deals with darker skin tones such as mine, in the end I found a company called Virtue Glamor, they were really good and you can check them out and even book online here: virtueglamor.online. They cater for all skin tones and do hair too, which is great. I paid her £40 for what she did. So in total I went to prom on £90!



On the day:

I arrived at school around 10:45 even though the ceremony was supposed to start at 10:30 lol. We took pictures until around 11. We started the ceremony and heard different speeches. I also sang with my friend Tianna, that was followed by a buffet prepared by the school which was quite nice. Around 1.15 we went to the Thames to have a party on the river! It was really awesome and the boat had a lovely view. We partied until 6 and made our way back home. It was a great day.


Thank you so much for reading, I'm posting a "new buys" post next so watch out for that x

No comments:

Post a Comment