Sunday 20 April 2014

Ideal products for a fashion illustrator to own/want.

Hi guys, my house is being redecorated so everything is everywhere at the moment and blogging has been very hard. The iPhone app for blogger is really rubbish and basic so I don't use it because it doesn't meet my needs. I just found my tablet which is okay for blogging but I have no idea where my laptop is at the moment. 

Today's post will be me telling you about something's that most fashion illustrators want/have/need for their illustrations. These are in no particular order. 

1. Alcohol based markers. 

I own some Letraset promarkers. You can also use Copic markers and spectrum noir and the other Letraset range. These are a really easy, quick new way to lay down colour, create effect and depth. 

2. Some quality pencils. (Polychromo's). 

Every artist needs some kind of quality pencils. In my opinion the best type are Polychromo's. However I don't own a pack of Polychromo's because I only started building my art supply stock last year. Some good brands are; Faber Castell, Derwent and Prismacolour. Right now I own the Faber Castell Classic Colour 24 set and the Derwent Studio 12 set and a whole lot of random pencils. You need these for basic purposes like adding details and it's also good to use it as a second media to try out when your bored of using whatever you use. 

3. Some quality paper. 

Any paper apart from printer paper. The truth is if you want quality your going to have to spend money but it's worth it because your art looks more professional. If you use paint or alcohol based markers printer paper is definitely out its a serious NO NO. It will soak through and look disgusting. 

4. A light box. 

Not everybody needs this but most people do. It's used for transferring drawings and tracing. I don't have one because I'm still saving for one. For the mean time I have an iPhone and they come with a flashlight and I put that underneath the paper and it's just like a light box just not big enough however it'll do for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment