Saturday 25 October 2014

Getting to know Izzy

Hi everyone, as you guys know I do interviews a lot on my blog and I think they're a really good way of getting to know people and I interviewed Izzy this time and she has A blog called Izzy K and you can find that by clicking here. We became blogger friends and so I asked a series of questions in one area she likes (beauty). You can talk to me, Izzy and Harriett on Beau Bloggers, where we have talks about blogging here. Lets get started!


1. What is your current facial wash?

Currently I'm using Simple's refreshing facial wash gel, smooth facial toner and vitamin foaming cleanser. I love their product range so much and it's perfect for people who have sensitive skin like me.

2. Do you exfoliate?

I exfoliate about once a week, because I think its important to keep your skin in good condition, but I don't want to over-do it.

3. What moisturizer do you use?

I'm using 2 moisturisers at the moment...both by Simple (surprise surprise!). I'm using the protecting moisture cream and hydrating light moisturiser.

4. Do you or did you have acne prone skin?

Luckily I've never had acne prone skin. I get the odd spot every now and again but I wouldn't go as far as to call it acne. In fact I have the complete opposite problem where my skin's way too dry.

5. What foundation and concealer do you use?

The foundation I'm wearing a lot at the moment is Wake Me Up by Rimmel. The concealer I'm using is match perfection by Rimmel.

6. What foundation and concealer do you recommend?

I would recommend the Wake Me Up foundation and concealer to anyone, but in particular those with tired looking skin that want to add a bit of a glow to it.

7. What do you think of false eyelashes?

I love big, dramatic lashes so I think that false lashes are a life-saver. The strip of lashes are quick to apply, but I find it can be a bit difficult to do and doesn't always look natural. I prefer to use the individual lashes, but they are a bit fiddly to apply.

8. What brand of mascara do you use?

I have two favourite brands of mascara that I love to use together: Soap & Glory and Rimmel. I find the Soap & Glory mascara is great for length and Rimmel is great for volume.


9. Sephora or mac?

I've never actually used either. I feel so inexperienced! But if I had to choose which one I would like to try the most I would say Mac. I'm dying to try their lipstick.


10. What makeup tools do you use in make up application?

I use the Real Techniques Foundation Brush for foundation...obviously. Then I use Superdrug's powder, bronzer and blusher brush. I also use Avon's angled eyeliner brush for eyeliner and other eye makeup that requires a small brush.

11. List the products you use on your face daily

When I start the day I use moisturiser, foundation, concealer, eyebrow pencil, bronzer, blusher, eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, lipstick/gloss and powder. Then in the evenings I use the facial washes I listed above.

12. What is your favourite eyeshadow if you use any?

My favourite eye shadow palette is Barry M Summer Love as it is really bright and cute. I would love to get my hands on a Naked palette though.

13. Do you use pencil or liquid eye liner?

I use both pencil and liquid eyeliner, but for different things. Pencil eyeliner for my waterline because it doesn't smudge. And liquid liner along my eye lid because it looks really bold.

14. How often do you poke your eye with either pencil or mascara?

 Daily. I constantly poke myself in the eye with mascara. I'm actually so surprised that I've got eyes left.

15. Do you sometimes leave the house without makeup on? 

Hardly ever. Makeup is the first thing I put on in the morning and I rarely leave my room without it. I've gotten so used to wearing it, I don't feel myself without it. #tooaddicted

16. What do you think of makeup?

Ever since I can remember I've loved putting makeup on. Most people think girls wear makeup as "a mask of insecurity". But lets face it, makeup is ridiculously fun to apply.

Thanks to Izzy so much for talking to me! Please do follow and visit her blog via Google friend connect and bloglovin'. She will follow back! Join us in the blogger community too for more convo's and chat about blogging! 

No comments:

Post a Comment