Wednesday 4 March 2015

Colouring with promarkers: Skin tone and brown hair

Hey guys, this is a highly requested tutorial so I decided to finally go ahead and do it. This did take me a while so I hope all the artists out there learn something :).

For the skin tone I used (in order):

  • Blush promarker
  • Dusky Pink promarker
  • Satin promarker
  • Lilac promarker
  • and a Faber Castell polychromo, colour: Caput Mortuum. 
For the hair I used
  • Any dark brown pencil
  • Cinnamon promarker 
  • Cocoa promarker 
  • Faber Castell polychromo, colour: Weiss White. 
Awesome! Lets start. 

1. Get the basic facial features of a fashin face, doesn't have too look realistic. 


2. When your done, fineline your facial features. If anyones wondering, the lines near the cheeks are cheekbones.


3. Use Blush on the cheeks


4. Make highlights in the areas I have with the colour dusky pink. 


4. Give all the skin a flat layer of one colour, you can do this with any light skin tone for white people. It should however be either ivory or satin, i'm using satin. 

Sorry you're having to tilt your head, my rotating editor was taking ages. 
 5. This isn't compulsory but you can go over some of the dark shadows with lavender.


 6. Go over your shadows with pencil (brown)


Thats the skin done! - Pretty easy right? 

HAIR 
 1. Make shadows with a dark brown pencil. 


2. Cover the hair fully with cinnamon colour 


3. Cover the shadows with cocoa and make some hair strands with brown pencil.


4. Colour the light parts with white pencil.


Thank you guys for reading the post, I hope you found this post helpful. Let me know if you would like some more promarker tutorials below x 

Song of the day is Yemi Alade - Kissing 




No comments:

Post a Comment