Sunday 3 January 2016

Beauty Haul

Happy Belated New year! So you're probably wondering where I was all Christmas, I went to Ghana for Christmas so I couldn't post but I'm back with loads of ideas and posts that I can't wait to write! Today I'm going to be doing a big haul based on  beauty, I bought loads of stuff in Ghana and before I went, so lets get started.

1. B. Beauty blender - £3.99 @ Superdrug



I'm in love with this thing! Everybody goes on about real techniques but if you're looking for a cheaper option this could really help. It is a really good blending tool, I use this to get an even amount of foundation and concealer on my face! It also works best if you add a little water to the tip especially if you are trying to work with thick substances like La Girl Pro concealer.

2. Superdrug Foundation Brush - £2.99 @ Superdrug


Both this and the beauty blender are used to apply foundation. Firstly I use this brush to dot the foundation all over my face, it avoids the messy fingers. and then I blend it out with the beauty blender. This was worth it's price and the bristles are also soft but if I didn't have it I could still cope with just the beauty blender. 

3. MUA Mascara - £2.99 @ Superdrug


This mascara slays, I didn't take a picture but the brush is slightly curved and that helps with extending lashes even further. I like MUA cosmetics because of their appearance. Their cheap but they don't look it.

4. Revolution Eyeshadow "redemption" palette - £4.99 @ Superdrug


I love the colours in this, I saw myself using every single one so I ended up buying it. I have used it before and it's honestly quite nice. 

5. MUA Eyeshadow "Undress me too" - £3.99 @ Superdrug


I love the idea of sparkle when it comes to eye makeup, it makes your eyes pop and draw attention. And all the eye shadows here do a great job at that. They are all compatible with each other which is good for smokey eyes, cut creases and so on. All the palettes come with that applicator but I find them useless.
6. MUA Primer - £2.99 @ Superdrug



I really like this primer, i've been wearing this with and without makeup. Wearing it helps bring less creasing and just makes all the makeuo feel smoother. I use this all over my face but for my eye shadow I prime with LA girl pro concealer for a base.

7. LA Girl Pro concealer - £3.99 @ My local black hair shop


So, I go on about it so much... what's the hype? It's my favourite makeup item I've purchased this whole year. I absolutely love it, it's awesome. It's used to highlight and contour. Beautiful Bronze is the colour I used to Highlight and I use dark brown eye shadow to contour, I'm looking to buy a cream contour and highlight palette so if any of you know any good one, please comment below. I'm also going to buy a darker shade of this for my contour and see how it works, I have two and so far they're amazing. 

That's it for now! I'm still using most of the same products, so to see the regulars in my makeup bag see this post: http://loveheartdoodles.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/whats-in-my-makeup-bag.html

Thank you for reading, Lauren x

Song of the day; Kwamz and Flava - What should I do to you

No comments:

Post a Comment