Monday 4 April 2016

2016 Birthday Haul - BEAUTY


Hey guys! I'm going through that stage in my life where I think I should just quit life and become a professional MUA lol anyway... Let's jump right in with this haul! 24th March was my Birthday and I'd like to say a big thank you to all my friends and family who gave beauitiful cards, great gifts and nice wishes. I successfully collected £400. As always my mum took £50 to store away for a rainy day and we can minus another £50 on odd misuse and street hunger lol. 

This post will be on the beauty products bought in the haul. I'd just like to say that I carry great pride in this haul as I bought a few high end products which was really cool. Lets get started.

1. Makeup Forever HD Foundation - £16 (Half price sale) @ Shepherd's bush



That's right guys, it's the makeup forever you see in every big youtuber's video! I was so excited to get this because I had heard great things about it from youtube. I couldn't resist this sale. It's a shade darker than me but as I was unsure of the colour scheme of the brand I went with 185, but 180 would of been better. When I wear this foundation together with my MAC Matchmaster foundation in NW50 it looks great, I wore the combo today and it just slayed really. Aside all vanity - I turned heads, got stared at and got approached. Girl. That combo is the bomb! It's light, so pigmented and rich in colour and it allows your face to breathe. It's not heavy or sticky at all and it just slays. New favourite. 

Makeup forever foundation (185) and MAC Matchmaster foundation (NW50)
I will list all the products I used on my face soon! 

2. Ben Nye Chestnut Translucent Powder £6.10 @ Shepherd's Bush


This is the second high end product I bought and it only cost me £6.10, awesome right? I made a mistake and I got Ben Nye's translucent powder instead of their luxury powder. I think they still do the same job though. I got it in Chestnut which is very close to my skin tone, so when I buy my next one I'll buy it in topaz to make sure I get a stronger highlight. However this one does really do a good job. The only problem is I have a very warm skin tone, with undertones such as orange and red therefore this powder makes me look even warmer. That's why Topaz (a yellow based powder) would have evened out the tone for me. I found a solution to this problem, did you guys know that the exact same products in beauty powders are also in baby powder? Exactly - Mind blown. I one day set my concealer with baby powder alone and it came out ashier than ash leaves on an ashy day. I think this is because baby powder is way lighter than my skin tone however if you're white I defo say you should try it because it did set, it's just that it wasn't my colour. So, I mixed the two and I created the perfect powder and it set very nicely which made me very happy! Baby powder for setting can last you two years and only costed a £1. 

Face set with Ben Nye.

3. Various Brushes - £1.50 each @ Primark 



Each of these brushes costed me £1.50 and from Left to right there is a Blusher brush, A double ended eye shadow brush with a pencil brush and a normal eye shadow brush  and finally  an angled brow brush with a spooley. Honestly, people have this feel about cosmetics - If it's not high end then it's not good. Total and utter rubbish, These brushes are super soft and there is no fall out at all. This is the brush I've been using for my brows lately so it's worth taking a trip to your local primark! 

That's all for the beauty part guys, I hope to be coming to you soon with the clothing part of this haul so keep watching, if you would like to see my posts when they first come out, please join the blogging community created by me, also filled with loads of other blog posts from great bloggers like me! 


Thanks for reading, Lauren x 

No comments:

Post a Comment