Wednesday 26 March 2014

Recent purchase: Uni pin fine line 0.1 and Stadler fineliner 0.3 x5

This post is a bit late but Happy April, Happy Birthday to all those in a April. So for my birthday I got a lot of money and I'm crazy about art materials so the first thing on my mind was to go art shopping. I went to Rymans to have a look around and in there I picked up some fine liners and a sketchbook for £4.99, a bargain right!? 

So today I'm going to be doing a product review on them. 

The Uni pin fine liner is incredibly thin and I've never actually worked with a fine liner that thin before so this is all new to me. A pro is that water and fade proof so it's okay to use with watercolour and markers and it doesn't smudge. I bought the Uni pin fine liner for £1.65 at Rymans I think it's cheap and also quite worth it because it's a great pen. When I first drew with it I made a lot of mistakes and jogged myself because it was my first time using a fine liner of that size. I would reccomend this fine liner it's really good and doesn't smudge. 

Secondly I bought the Staedeler 0.3 fine liner. I found this a lot easier to draw with because it was a bit thicker but it still gives your work a nice outline. This fine liner is sadly not waterproof and I had a terrible experience with watercolour using this fineliner. That's not bad it just means that it's not meant for water colour. 

I hope that gave you some sort of insight on what fine liners to buy. A good option if you can afford it is the Pigma Micron pens however I refuse to pay almost £20 for 4 pens. 

Lauren x


No comments:

Post a Comment