Thursday 6 March 2014

Trend Report: Words, Florals and Mono



Welcome to my once in a blue moon trend report! I don't do them a lot because I feel like you shouldn't feel as if you have to follow trends all the time because they're not that important. 

Anyways first up is a sudden trend of words that's hit the catwalk. Lately garments with words and lettering have been trending on catwalks and on the streets. I think it's great, I have a few of these garments in my wardrobe too. It's not so much phrases or full sentences its just words. I think this is a good trend because it enables people to express how their feeling through their clothing and it has this idea of ''wear what your thinking''.

Secondly is florals, floral dresses have been appearing as part of 2014's Spring and summer trends. It's not so popular right now but I think by summer it'll definately be a crazy trend.I feel that florals are meant to be worn in the summer for some reason. I'm not so over the moon about this trend lol because i'm not a fan of florals in spring but my mind may change lol. 



  Finally is the trend I love the most Mono (black and white)!!! I seem to be obsessed with this trend because I have masses of black and white in my wardrobe. It's like a fever.. I intend to go out and buy colourful clothes and I end up coming home and buying millions of black and white clothing and I didn't even mean to lol but it suits me so I buy a lot of it. I think this is a spring trend. It was very popular in the sixties and now it has returned however it has come back modernised. This time is with geometrical shapes and there is a lot of pattern play involved as well so its back with a new twist.

Laurey xo

No comments:

Post a Comment