Wednesday 19 February 2014

How NOT to become fashion designer.

Many of you guys know the steps to getting there but do you know what not to do? 

My first tip would be not to invest into things you can't afford. For example, since last Christmas i've been wishing for copic ciao markers but I know I can't afford them at £5 per pen. In my opinion that's ridiculous. There practically the same as promarkers but they refill however refills cost more than the actual pen so in total your spending about a tenner on one pen. AREEE YOOUUUU CRAZIIIIIIIII? I'll just stick to my promarkers. 

My second tip is invest in things you can afford because remember as a designer your trying to better yourself. Move on from high street things to bigger brands. You'll see a huge difference, trust me. With time learn how to ink sketches.

Thirdly when drawing sketches and your models face is not to your satisfaction don't get annoyed. Think ''It's all about the clothes''. It's only recently that I learned to draw faces and they're still not amazing. 

It's best not to put your head and heart into trends because your meant to be creating them as a designer. Have your own style. People don't wanna buy what they've already seen. 

Also beware of thieves on the internet who want to just save your designs and use them for other stuff. Put a big fat signature on it. 

Laurey xo

No comments:

Post a Comment