Sunday 2 February 2014

Do you have what it takes?

The world of fashion is very competitive. We're all here for one reason - to get our ideas across and sell whatever we offer. Things are going to be hard along the way when trying to get to the top. LOL I sound like a mad person anyway this post is on what it takes to be in the fashion world basically there are loads of careers in fashion. I want to be a fashion illustrator, which combines my two strengths together - drawing and my fashion sense. You may think it's exactly like a fashion designer. In truth it is, just minus the sewing and the cutting of fabric and the DIY. However the qualities of a designer are almost the same as a fashion illustrator. As fashion is changing you need to be able to keep up with it, because if your stuck in the stone age always designing/drawing for the 1920's not many modern companies will want to buy your products and this is for both jobs.

My research told me that annual wages for salaried fashion designers was £37220.06 in May 2008. The middle 50 percent earned between £25651.17 and £53018.50. The higher 10 percent earned more than £75937.20. In my opinion... THAT'S A LOT OF MONEY!

There are loads of special art and design schools that offer degrees, but not everyone who is famous today for this went to a special school. I plan to go to Central St. Martins college in London, because I've had nice feedback from them on my artwork. Below is a list of all the careers in fashion I could think of:

Fashion designer
Pattern cutter
Tailor
Stylists
Fashion buyers
Seamtress
Fashion design teachers
Fashion illustrator
Fashion forecasters
Models
Fashion journalists

Laurey xo

No comments:

Post a Comment