Sunday 2 February 2014

The Disney Princess collection!

I'm pleased to announce that I've started my Disney princess collection. I'm so pleased with it so far and I think I'm doing really well. So I started with Elsa from Frozen because she's the latest Disney princess and out of all of them I like her the most. 

Media used: Letraset promarkers and 0.4 fineliner. 
Time: 1hr
Letraset promarkers used: Ivory, blush, tan, cinnamon and cyan. 


I was really excited when drawing this because I've always sort of drawn my own design and I've never really looked at something and drawn it. This time I did. Before drawing I spent sometime looking at the internet, what Elsa looks like and also just for inspiration. Afterwards I drew the pose that I wanted.  I then drew the clothes on. Her face was a bit tricky because of her body structure and proportion but I managed to pull it off. As you can see the eyes are a bit weird because I tried to make them look like Disney eyes. Which failed. Miserably. After that I fine lined everything then coloured with marker and made shadows. 

My second Disney Princess is Pocahontas. I chose her because she is really different from the other princesses. Her dress isn't as fancy, She isn't served by people and she lives in a village but she is still a princess. 

Media used: Letraset Promarkers and fineliner 0.4
Time taken: 30mins

 
I'm really pleased with this drawing and to be honest I didn't think it would come out this well. As you can see Pocahontas doesn't look like a princess at all but she is one an that's why I like her. 
There are more princesses to come and I'm letting you in on a secret - there may be a new blogger coming to join me.

Laurey xo

No comments:

Post a Comment