Wednesday 26 February 2014

Things I regret doing as an artist.

Today's post(s) are gonna be short and straight to the point (at least I'll try to) because I have a Chemistry test tomorrow and haven't revised one bit. So I really need to revise lol but I made a promise to myself to blog everyday so here I am. I lost my list of blog posts so now I'm improvising so bear with me! 

Firstly I'm just gonna give you a life/blog update. I'm at that 'pick your gcse's' stage in school so if I don't post I'm probably busy with that but as usual I'll make it up. Also I wanted to say that I follow your blogs too! So drop them below and I'll follow as many as I can. Also remember to follow Laurey's too! Also tweet, like and share us on Facebook and Twitter, we now have a Facebook page. See earlier posts for that! Coming up - hopefully I'll be interviewing one of my favourite Fashion illustrators but you'll find out who she is when I do it Lol. I've got another tutorial coming up from a guest, it may be someone you know, it may be a new guest blogger so keep your eyes on the blog to catch that. 

Today I don't really have a subject I'm just gonna be throwing everything in. I've decided to start with the things I regret doing as an artist. 

Buying cheap fine liners - FROM EBAY. Guys this is a warning. If you use alcohol based markers get a well known fineliner or get the one that the make of the markers sell. Recently I've had a terrible experience with a fineliner entitled 'wb fineliner 0.4'  it's horrible. It bleeds with promarkers and watercolour and turns blue when you draw with it. It's a lie - it's much thicker than 0.4. It's ruined some of my most prettiest drawings so don't just don't. If the fineliner is costing you less than a pound/dollar individually don't buy it. #LESSON LEARNT. 

Not tracing magazine models - I actually think that this would of helped me a lot because I've realised as a fashion illustrator I'm not really good at thinking up new posititions and poses, I stick to the catwalk pose or the normal one. 

Laurey xo
 


No comments:

Post a Comment