Tuesday 4 February 2014

Japanese Fashion - Cheyenne

こんにちは!(Hi there!) Hello there people who read Laurey's Fashion Blog! I'm Hope Fujisaki, a vlogger from YouTube... Okay that start sounded a bit corny but let's get this advertisement over and done with! If you would like to see my YouTube channel here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/user/CitizenofMiknopolis

Anyway... I am a friend of this perfectly weird and imaginative blogger and she has asked me to do a guest post about Japanese fashion and as you can now see or rather read I've accepted.... Let's get down business!

I will be talking about my favourite type(s) of Japanese fashion and show a tutorial on how to put on a Lolita Yukata but first of all, what is Lolita and yukata you ask? Well Lolita is obviously a Japanese fashion trend based off of French Rococo fashion. There are many types such as: Sweet Lolita, Goth Lolita, Steampunk (Or just Punk) Lolita and Classic Lolita. A yukata is a light cotton kimono and if you don't know what a kimono is, it is a long traditional Japanese robe with wide sleeves and tied with a sash but the correct term is obi.The picture on the right is Sweet Lolita and I think it's かわいいね!(cute!)


I also like Harajuku fashion and it's kind of hard to explain but I know that there are different types and Lolita is one of them. The others are called Decora, Dark Decora, Fairy-kei, Visual-kei, Gyaru, Oshare-kei and there are many, many more. My favourite out of them all is Oshare-kei which is the picture to the left.
And Gyaru which is below. 格好いいだね!(Cool isn't it!)





Now I will explain how to put on a Lolita Yukata!
You will need:
- A Yukata (Obviously) basically the main fabric

















- An obi














- A skirt (If it came with the outfit)











- A vest or t-shirt
 - Lolita shoes or mary jane shoes (depends on the outfit)
- Socks or tights (depends on the outfit)
- Some kawaii (cute) accessories!

Okay I guess this wasn't really a tutorial but I'll show you the end result (I was rushing so don't expect it took look amazing)

























If you would like to try this fashion then go to this website: http://www.bodyline.co.jp/
If you would like to go to an anime convention (where otaku (anime geeks i guess?) like to gather into one place meet each other), here are 2 places I go to in the UK: MCM Expo and Hyper Japan
Thank you for reading and please check out my YouTube channel! Bye-bye!
ありがとうございましたとさようなら!
(Goodbye and thank you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment