Friday 28 February 2014

Scenario #1

Sorry for not posting in the last two days guys I had a meeting at school and I was just far too busy. I'm picking my GCSE'S and my mums limiting me to picking between art and textiles and I don't know which one to pick because I need both :(. Anyway enough on my life. 

Today I'm going to be tackling some scenarios about fashion so this might help too if you find your scenario. 

You want to be a designer but don't want to go to fashion school. This is very rare scenario because most people who want a career in fashion will Jump at the chance of getting professional teaching and tutoring. However if you don't for some odd reason you'll have to work twice as hard because employers are more likely to take the candidate that has been to the best fashion school in their area over you because you trained yourself. Firstly if your training yourself KNOW YOUR STUFF. You need to prove to everyone that your just as good as those in special schools - even better. You also need to have your equipment and make sure it's good and it's not cheap. Being seen with the wrong materials shows your unprofessional, unorganized and a little confused. Secondly advertise yourself. To be honest  every industry lives by the motto "It's not what you know it's who you know". They're going to top fashion schools and colleges therefore they will be recommended to people and they will build links and friendships with important people in the fashion world. Meaning your going I have to work twice as hard to get your stuff out there. Make your friends wear it and if it's nice people will ask about it and where they got it from. People aren't going to want to pay for your very first garments because your not that expierienced and well known so give away a few freebies I know it hurts lol but it'll bring more people to you. 

Laurey xo

No comments:

Post a Comment