Tuesday 18 February 2014

But. I can't draw.

Yes, today's title is literally what it's about. I really don't like it when people say they can't draw because in time they could learn and do anything they want to.  Drawing doesn't have to be to professional standards. I chose a particular area of art - fashion illustration and that's become my passion. However ask me to draw still life or draw abstract art I suck at it but it doesn't mean I'm not going to make an effort to learn. 

If your serious about it, then go ahead and do it ... But she's better than me? She's better than you because she took ages practicing and perfecting her skills and she started where you started - on a table face to face with paper and a pencil saying 'I can't draw'. 

If you've read my earlier post on 'me' I said in there that I had some problems starting out but I conquered them in the end. To be honest my first drawings are so bad I'm not going to show them to you but it's a start. Gradually as an artist you will find your own style and technique and become a unique individual artist. It all starts from the heart and mind. It's quite a challenge learning how to draw, a lot of trial and error. With the help of tutorials, blogs *WINK WINK* and YouTube you could become an amazing artist. Why, because I believe in you. 












No comments:

Post a Comment