Tuesday 26 August 2014

GHANA TAG!

Hello, my lovelies! Welcome to my Ghana tag post! I am Ghanaian and love all things Ghanaian, love all things African for that matter. So today i'm doing the Ghana Tag. Boohoo. Not in video form though, it's gonna take a while before the vlogs start coming. Anyway lets go!

Where in Ghana are you from?

I'm not from the Capital - Accra, I'm from a small town called Bompata. Funny story, i'm royalty there but I don't really take it seriously. My Grandma is Queen Mother of the town and Grandad is some kind of King of the town. So this will eventually be passed down to my mum and then me. So I guess it's a royal stool and it's been in our family for a long time. I actually loved my Grandma's crowning ceremony! So African! Powder, red stuff and everything!

Where you born in Ghana?

No, I was born in Leytonstone, London however I've always told people that i'm Ghanaian because I love the place and My parents come from there so I'm Ghanaian!

What is your Ghanaian name?

Wow. My Ghanaian name is part of this blog's title. Most of my Ghanaian friends called me Efya, it means Friday born. Correctly Spelt; Afua I think... However I jazzed it up. The full name is: Awura Afua Gabra
Pronounced: Araa efwuaa Gar bra. To shorten the confusion, call me Lauren, Laurey or Efya.

What is my favourite Ghanaian food?

Was waiting for this question! One thing I adore about my country is the food! I love it! I have so many favourites but I'll limit it down to 3.

1. Jolllo! Jollo! Jollof!

You guys may know it as the orange rice. Yes, it is orange and if made well it's amazing. I can eat jollof all day because it is that good. I never eat it alone, I usually have it with sides like; kelewele, chicken, salad, plantain.

www.jollofinfo.com


2. Fufu

Those of you in 10S who think fufu is cuscus, NO. Fufu is a starchy food. In Ghana I think it's done with Plantain, Cassava and all the natural stuff. In London you can buy neat fufu. However that doesn't agree with my stomach so I use fufu flour and farina to make it. My favourite soup eaten with it has to be Abenkwan, so GOOOOOOD.

multiculturalrecipes.blogspot.com

3. Red Red - Plantain and beans

Red Red is plantain and black eyed beans really. I love it, don't eat it much though.

http://izobahafriq.blogspot.co.uk/2012_07_14_archive.html
4. When was the last time you went to Ghana? 

2011.

5. Favourite Ghanaian Artist

So so hard to pick so I will list them all!
  • Sarkodie
  • EL
  • Shatta Wale 
  • Stonebwouy
  • Efya
  • Tiffany
  • Fuse ODG
  • R2BEES
  • Bisa Kdei
  • Chris Waddle
  • D-Black
  • Joey B
  • Phootprintz 
  • Castro - RIP 
5. What represents Ghana in your house?

Every Ghanaian can relate to this. Most of us have this random lady sitting in our house and we don't know where she comes from! Akwaaba means Welcome in twi.



Do I speak any Ghanaian languages?

uh oh. Well i'm a 50% twi speaker. 

I hope you guys enjoyed my Ghana Tag, soon I'll be doing a British Tag, I don't think it's fair for me to live here and not do one lol so expect that soon! Thanks for Reading!

Efya x


No comments:

Post a Comment