Thursday 21 August 2014

Book Review: A Fashion History of the 20th Century by The Kyoto Costume Institute



When I'm not blogging I'm reading this awesome book on the history of fashion in the 20th century and I decided to do a blog post/review on it so you guys may be interested to read it too. The book was a gift from my Aunty for my 14th Birthday who teaches Fashion and Textiles in Milton Keynes.

It doesn't have a specific Author but it's by the Kyoto Costume Institute and It's obviously non fiction. The book was very interesting and was definitely informative. It starts off like this "A persons clothing, whether it's a sari, Kimono or Business suit, is an essential key to his or her culture, class, personality or even religion" 

My favourite thing about the book is that it's really educational, I found out things so obvious that I didn't know. Also with trends changing all the time people tend to forget about the fashion in the past and focus on the future and whats trending now. So the book really does take you back. 

My least favourite thing would be how they would list a really nice garment and not know the designer meaning we can't research into his or her work.



No comments:

Post a Comment