Tuesday 19 August 2014

Bored of your afro caribbean hair? Things to do with it!

Hi guys, this is actually another post for my black hair corner since I haven't posted on there in a while. I know I certainly get bored of my braids sometimes but the good thing with having Afro-Caribbean hair is that there is a million and one ways to change it up! So keep reading to find out!

You might be like me and love to have your hair in extensions because it's easy and stress free. Here are different types of braids you can try:



1. Box Braids 

Box braids are extremely protective however your hair will break if you don't look after it like most extensions. I've been rocking this style for a while and I absolutely love it! However I'm changing to crotchet braids so farewell box braids! I loved having them, what I really liked about them was literally any style was possible especially because I had long braids. 





2. Crotchet Braids 

Crotchet braids are my new craze, I discovered them when looking for something new to do to my hair and decided to write this post. They aren't full braids, that is why I like them. They look really good. I want to do for the short ones however long also look good. 


Picture credit: Pinterest
3. Pick and drop braids 

This is another braids style however I stopped doing pick and drop because it was getting old and no one was doing it anymore therefore I stopped (Don't wanna be stuck in the stone age do we?) However you might like to do it. 

hairmillionaire.blogspot.co.uk

4. Poetic Justice braids/Jumbo box braids

Poetic Justice braids are the big version of box braids. I've always wanted to do this hairstyle but I'm afraid that I won't be able to take the heaviness. The first time I got normal box braids I was finding it heavy so I don't think I'll be able to cope with these lol! It is a protective hairstyle however you wanna watch the pulling and tug force when styling it. No need to style actually, these braids look beautiful down as well as up.

Pinterest

5. Micro Braids 

Micro braids are really small braids. This will cost you a lot to braid because it takes long, you'll get tired! It's all worth the style lol.

Pinterest

6. Yarn Braids

It's literally what you see... Braids made out of yarn. 

Pinterest
Types of twists: 


1. Havana Twists/Marley Twists (Both the same things but have different names)

Havana Twists are the big version of Senegalese twists. I adore them and they're so beautiful but can you handle the weight? 

Pinterest
2. Senegalese Twists

I've had Senegalese twists before and they rock! However to do the good styles you need to do your twists long which means sitting down for longer and raising the cost! 

herhairpin.com

3. Kenkey Twists 


We Ghanaians call it Kenkey twist however some people may know it as another thing. It's a puffy kind of twist that looks nice when it's short. My mum does this quite a lot.

committogrow.com
Those are my hairstyles for extensions!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment