Friday 1 August 2014

A Great Resource - Google

Hi guys, this morning I sat down and was thinking what resource really helps me in terms of fashion illustration and blogging and Google popped into my head! So i'm going to show you how to get the best out of Google in terms of our niche!

1. Google Books 
 I use google books, not the paid ones from google play so it's entirely free. A big E-library full of free books and magazines you can read. All you need to do is sign into google>Click apps (The grid in the corner)>Scroll down to more>Scroll down to even more google>Select books and find your books.

Tip: Big hint in the name ''GOOGLE'' - You must have a google account. They're very beneficial. Now a days everything is google.

2. Blogger 

Where on earth would I be writing this blog post with out blogger, it's an amazing tool. Takes 5 mins to set up a blog, so easy and clear to use... Unlike wordpress which has a whole lot of unnecessary coding.

3. Google Blog Search

Not many people know about this but by using Google Blog Search you can easily find blogs in your niche and interact with them. If you get on to google's normal search page and then type it in it'll come up and you type your niche and a whole load of blogs would come up!

4. Google Drive

Google drive saved me when I lost my iPhone and I had to restore all my things on a different phone. It basically just backs everything up in case you lose it, has a lot of storage space. An alternative is dropbox which I also have. 

5. Google Docs, Slides, sheets and Drawings 

This is another feature many people don't know about, they'd much rather open up Microsoft word but Google also have these services. One I use a lot is google drawings. It's just a really good way to jot down things and remember them. It's also good for making plans and everything. I used to have everything on Paper and then I realized there is no need because eventually so much paper becomes clutter and it's not cool anymore...

6. Google sites 

Google is also a web host, I tried doing this but I find a website way too big and so much maintenance a blog is much more easier and blogger is free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment