Saturday 9 August 2014

History of Fashion : 20th century

No post for 8 days! Hi Guys, I am back! Where did I go? I went to stay with some family for a week in the middle of no where with bad connection and no WiFi meaning no blogging. However I am going to make up for those 8 days I have missed. Today's post will be on a little research I have done about fashion in the 20th Century. The post about historical fashion is currently the most viewed post on this blog therefore I thought you guys would like to read more. It is very long so i'll be doing this post in different parts at different times.

The influence of Haute Couture.

World War 1 had messed up the old social systems, society changed and so did their look. More and more people were categorized as middle class and they bought a new lifestyle because they weren't sitting at home anymore and had to fill in for the men and they discovered clothes that were comfortable to work in, instead of the corset. During this time the media systems were new and they spread news about the Parisian haute couture.

The S-curve silhouette became popular around the 1900's. This dress was made with materials such as chiffon and charmeuse.


Irish Crochet lace was knitted by hand. It originates from italian needlepoint lace in the 17th century.



No comments:

Post a Comment