Friday 29 August 2014

Why I started blogging?

Hi, guys today i'm sharing why I started blogging. I love to blog, something I do almost everyday. It's the perfect way to share what you wanna say with the rest of the world. It's quite interesting and fun, meeting new people and learning new things. I've been blogging for 8 months now and it's be an awesome experience.

So why did I start blogging?

I love to draw and I was doing a lot of research around January. I had heard of blogs but I didn't really know what they were so I did a little bit more research. Handling a website to me was too much work and I didn't know the first thing about HTML and coding. A blog was just right. Google do all the coding and hard work, along the way you pick up things about code and learn.

I needed somewhere to share my designs, thoughts - the perfect place to do it was a blog. My blog was going to be in the fashion niche. Which is extremely competitive. The good news about it is that 90% of them really suck and are never updated. I was going to give this blogging thing a try!

I settled with Google's blogger, easy and quick. You can start a blog in 5 mins. The hard part was gathering the traffic. I told all my friends, put it on all the social networks I had, however nothing was working. After thinking hard I thought of what I would want in a good blog and those were:

  • Good presentation 
  • Good Grammar 
  • Good Content 
  • Giveaways
  • Engaging with the reader.
I started to brush up on all these things and the traffic started to flow! I started enjoying blogging and I began to engage with other bloggers. I also made friends. I want to know my readers! Tell me who you are! 

Efya x

No comments:

Post a Comment