Friday 17 January 2014

Africa: Azonto, Alkayida and Afrobeats

Hey guys, today I'm going to be talking about my favourite music and it fits in perfectly Into this months theme. I'll be talking about my all time favourite Ghanaian and Nigerian artists and tunes. First of all here are my top 10 Artists in order of the BEST! 

1. Wizkid
2. Sarkodie
3. E.L
4. Tiffany 
5. Fuse Odg
6. Wande coal
7. Burna Boy
8. Iyanya
9. D-Black
10. Ruff n Smooth

Favourite tracks: 

1. Wizkid: 
Jaiye Jaiye
Bad girl
The matter

2. Sarkodie: 
Pon de ting ft Banky w
You go kill me ft E.L
Tonga ft Joey B

3. E.L 

Long tin 
Aunty Martha 
You dey craze?

4. Tiffany 
Itz Tiffany 
Kae se
Akyee wo

5. Fuse odg
Million pound girl
Come closer ft Wande Coal
Down on one ft Sarkodie

6. Wande coal
Rotate 

7. Burna Boy
Like to party
Tonight 
Gimme that ft Ice Prince

8. Iyanya 
Your waist
Sexy mama ft wizkid
Kukure 

9. D-Black
Alhaji
Vera
Ha mi shoulder 

10. Ruff n Smooth
Dance for me
Injection
Love again

Wikipedia's definition; 
Azonto is a dance and a music genreoriginating from Ghana. Azonto is known to have originated from a traditional dance called Kpanlogo from the coastal areas likeChorkorJames Town, La, TeshieNunguaand in the port town of Tema, all part of the Greater Accra Region. 

Alkayida
I couldn't find a definition for Alkayida so I'll write one myself. It came a few years after the azonto and is currently the dance craze in Ghana. Its kind of like azonto but the right leg isn't moving through out the whole thing like azonto. I love the dance, although the name is dumb and pretty offensive - I didn't make the name don't hate on me. Lol tunes you can dance Alkayida with are: 

Guru - Boys Abr3 
Kwamz ft Castro - Alkayida 

No comments:

Post a Comment