Friday 24 January 2014

How to be fashionable.

The title 'how to be fashionable' seems like a simple question, in my opinion it's not because not following these steps could turn you into a fashion victim or even worst a fashion outlaw which means calling the fashion police. 

1. Read Fashion blogs. 
It can be any type of fashion blog. For example mine is supposed to be fashion Art but it's more Fashion Lol. It doesn't just have to be fashion read beauty and interior fashion too.

2. Read Fashion magazines.
These help a milli because you stay in style and there also interesting. As a teen (like me) try Elle or Teen Vogue or even try just Vogue. I enjoy reading Teen vogue more.

3. Sort your wardrobe out!!! 
You cannot be fashionable if your wardrobe is a mess. In order to be fashionable you need to be able to find things quickly and the only way for that to happen is if you have a clean wardrobe. You could try what I do and sort them out according to what time of the year is. So right now it's Winter and were approaching Spring. So all my winter clothing and things that keep me warm but are still trendy are at the front and my summer things are at the back. 

4. Update your wardrobe
I am not saying chuck everything out and have no clothes left. Chuck out what is small and what you don't wear. By chuck out I mean give them to somebody who wants them. Not literally chuck them out because that would be a waste of money. Go shopping for new clothes! Find bargains, shop in the shops you like. Try and go when there's a sale because it's the best time to go and it's fun to go with your friends. 

5. Follow trends & be a trend setter.

Following trends are easy. Simply type it into google and the first thing that will appear will probably be Elle and Vogue. These two magazines/websites are my two sources for finding out what the latest trends are. I Check it daily. Once you know what it is. Ask yourself some questions. The big question is am I going to buy this? Little questions around this are what is my budget? Will this last? What happens when this goes out of fashion? Finally be a trend setter. Being a trend setter is risky but lots of fun. It could be a season where everyone's wearing florals and you appear in stripes. If you dress well and different from the rest you could become a trend setter, and make your own trends and follow them. 

Laurey xx

No comments:

Post a Comment