Sunday 7 December 2014

Blogmas Day 7: Christmas with the Williams' family

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is well today! For Blogmas Day 7 I wanted to tell you guys about some family traditions that we have at Christmas!

Like most people at Christmas we are getting ready for it by buying Christmas presents and food bit by bit. I'll take you through Christmas being me!

CHRISTMAS EVE

Christmas Eve is a very busy time for me. No time to sit down and no free time. I wake up early on Christmas Eve because there is a lot of cooking to be done. There is also last minute vegetable shopping, delivering last minute presents and making sure the next day is going to go superb.

My family is of Ghanaian decent so as well as a British Christmas dinner we also cook traditional Ghanaian dishes. Usually this consists of Jollof (Orange rice), waakye (Rice and beans), Kenkey and fish (Boiled corn dough), fufu and soup.This is a lot of cooking and we do it in bulk so there is enough for all family visits and the whole two weeks were at home.

After all the cooking on Christmas eve I like to sit back, finally check my social life and watch a Christmas movie on Sky movies. I love Christmas Eve and don't get to sleep until morning. The excitement is way too much and no matter how old I am I'll always love Christmas.

CHRISTMAS DAY

On this magical day by eyes automatically open at 6am and rush to the bathroom before anyone gets in there, a few years running its been me and my brother getting there at the same time so we share the bathroom (to brush our teeth, we have a separate toilet). After this I'm in my pj's and head to the living room where the tree is and we wake mum up - she usually doesn't like being woken up that early. She prays over the presents and then we dive in and open them. This is followed by a one hour church service and then coming home to explore the presents and eat the lovely food.

BOXING DAY

Another early start to the day (6am). I have leftovers for breakfast and we head out to Boxing day sales. In the past we have been to Westfield and found that incredibly stressful so this year we agreed we 'd do it this year in Romford (Awesome shopping centre). In the evening my Grandma hosts an annual Christmas dinner and every year that's when I see my whole family and we all chat, exchange gifts and eat my Grandma's awesome food.

So that's my Christmas! Thanks a million for reading guys, i'll be showing you all the pictures from these three days later.

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment