Tuesday 30 December 2014

New illustration: Donald Duck + Derwent Academy Watercolor Pencils Review

My second new illustration is on Donald Duck. I've had a focus on Disney for quite a while, it's a really fun topic to focus on when it comes to art because it's full of so much to draw and you can get millions of ideas from just one character. 

Here I drew Donald Duck, He turned 80 years old this year and is the most famous Disney character, more than Mickey. He's sold way more merchandise than Mickey too. I drew him using a picture reference and then used Derwent Watercolor pencils to colour him in. 

Donald's feathers are very white So I decided to blend the white paper and some blue watercolor to make his feathers and that went quite well. 


The pencil are really good quality. Derwent is a Quality brand and all their products are made in the UK and they are all artist quality. I Love them and haven't stopped drawing with them! They were 7.99 at Rymans which is reasonably priced I think

I'm thinking of doing two new videos a week - a tutorial and a normal one. So if you guys have any ideas for tutorials comment down below and if you read till the end comment Quack! 

Love you all, toodles x

No comments:

Post a Comment